Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pattycake Online Warez

The testimony of two former Mormons

testimony of Jerald Tanner

I was born and raised in the Mormon church (...). I believed very strongly that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that I belonged to the only true church. When I was about eighteen years had to confront reality. I remember the first time I saw David Whitmer's pamphlet [one of the first followers of Joseph Smith, ed], An Address to All Believers in Christ, threw it away in disgust. After having thrown, however, I began to think that maybe this was not the right way to tackle the problem. If David Whitmer was wrong in its Criticism Joseph Smith, I could certainly show that he was wrong. So I took the pamphlet and read it all. I found that I could not prove that David Whitmer was wrong, and that the revelations that Joseph Smith gave were changed. Later I went to Independence, Missouri, and saw a copy of the original Book of Commandments [the first published collection of 'revelations' of Joseph Smith, printed in 1833, then expanded and reprinted in 1835 under the title Doctrine and Covenants, ndt ], which confirmed the statement by David Whitmer that the revelations had been changed. Since that time I have found increasing evidence that the church where I grew up is in error. But the most important thing I discovered was that the church was in error, but that I myself was in error. I found that I was a sinner who needed a Savior. The Mormon church had taught me good morals, but they had taught me much about the power of Christ that could change my life. We talked a lot about Joseph Smith, but very little of Christ. Accordingly, I thought I had in me the strength to overcome sin. I could not see what I need God to be a sin So I went to another until I was deeply slave of sin. I could not find any help in the Mormon church, they were too busy preaching the glory of their church, Joseph Smith, etc.. They were too busy to sing 'Praise to the man who communicated with Jehovah' and 'We thank thee oh God for a Prophet' to speak of the one Saviour of which I'd really need. They were too busy to talk about missions, tithes, the health plan, etc.. To speak of Christ. Consequently, in the services there was almost nothing that could give life and peace to my soul dying. (...) I was nineteen when I heard the true message of Christ preached, and this happened in a Christian church. Shortly after I received Christ into my life and found peace, joy, and deliverance from sin. As the Apostle Paul declared: "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature, things old has passed away, behold the new has come "(2 Cor. 5:17). - Jerald Tanner.


Testimony of Sandra Tanner

Since I was born and raised in the Mormon church, and that is a descendant of Brigham Young, had very strong ties with the Mormon faith. I was about seventeen years old when I attended another church. As a teenager, my life was centered around the Mormon church. As I was engaged in the activities of the Mormon church and I paid tithing, I thought I would be right with God but I thought I knew what a pity that my activities in the church would somehow outweigh the harm I was doing. I thought - how do Mormons believe - to be inherently good. Not I was afraid of God's judgment
But in addition to the things that I could be wrong in my life, I began to have doubts about my church. He could really be the only true church? Polygamy was really right? Because blacks could not have the priesthood? It was so important temple marriage? Because its rites were kept secret? God had actually commanded Mormons wear special undergarments? I had many questions that crossed my mind.
When I started college I joined the Mormon Institute of Religion. I began to ask questions in class, trying to find answers to my questions. But one day my school teacher took me aside and asked me to stop asking questions in class. There was a girl who attended the class thought that joining the Mormon church and I was bothered with my questions. What a surprise! I had hoped to find answers to many things that worried me and now I had been silenced.
Shortly after I met Jerald and began to study the Bible together and Mormonism. As we studied, I began to see the contradictions between the Bible and the teachings of the Mormon church. I grew up thinking that Brigham Young was one of the greatest men that had ever lived. He had always been presented as a man so holy - a prophet, seer and revelator of God he Jerald made me read some of the sermons of Brigham Young in the Journal of Discourses about blood atonement. I was shocked! I knew what Brigham Young was saying was wrong but I could not reconcile these sermons with what I had always been taught about him. I knew these were not words of a prophet of God Jerald also showed me the changes that were made in the revelations of Joseph Smith.
I continued to think that if it was really God to give those revelations to Joseph Smith, because there was a need to rewrite them? Surely the Creator of the universe could put it right the first time! While studying not only discovered the errors in Mormonism, but I also began to understand that there was something wrong in my life. While studying the Word of God knew that I was a hypocritical sinner. In spite of my sins, I thought I'd be right with God (...) After that me and Jerald we were married, we began to visit various Protestant churches. When I heard their sermons began to realize that God was not interested in people's affiliation to the church, but a personal relationship with him (...) Now I want to share the special events of the day surrendered my heart and my life to Jesus Christ. On 24 October 1959, early in the morning, I decided to listen for a while 'on the radio. I tuned to a Christian radio station and listened to a sermon. The minister was preaching on God's great love and mercy given to us through Jesus Christ. Nothing I had never hit with such force. I opened my heart to God and accepted Christ as my personal Savior. The Holy Spirit flooded my soul with such joy that I cried for over an hour. (...) - Sandra Tanner (from: The Changing World of Mormonism, p.. 555-559).

Source: Aristoscana

0 comments:

Post a Comment